Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Little Tree, Big Trees, Tiny Trees

Christmas Decorations

Pollyanna has put up the Christmas Tree in the Lovely Old Dollhouse. She (and I, Dear Readers) is ENCHANTED when those tiny colored lights go on! It is just SO Beautiful she (I ) can hardly take her eyes off of it!

Victor and Joanna are here this year to help with the Celebrations. And Arthur has come over to help with the moving furniture to make room for the tree. There is still so much to be done, but this is a START, thinks Pollyanna. Maybe this weekend she will get the rest of the decorations put up!

And the BIG trees in my 1:1 scale house have also been decorated.....
here you can see the one with the colored lights in the downstairs room.......

And a little closer view.......
with the home-made angel on top......

And here is the upstairs tree all decorated.......
keeping me company in my studio where I am working on the Christmas card.......

And here is a close-up of one of my home-made ornaments.......
a "snowball ornament" with a mini Nativity scene inside it........

I have made several different "Snowball ornaments".......
here is one with a tiny Garden Scene inside..... with a table and chairs on a patio.....
with book and cup of tea and Roses growing and an arbor in the side.......

They are quite difficult to photograph on the tree.....
I apologize for the poor lighting......

Here is a closer view.......

And another one..... a Fairy beside a pool in the Forest.....

Here it is in better lighting......

You can see her reflection in the mirror pool "water"........

Here is a view with the light shining from behind illuminating the translucent "sun" panel....

And a closer view of the Forest backdrop.......
the "sun " panel is iridescent gold paper....

Each of these ornaments is about three to four inches in diameter......
made from paper mache...

They are supposed to look like a Snowball.....
hollow........ with a scene inside.......

This one is still not quite complete.....
it needs the decorated edge around the opening......
and the hanger too......

the lamppost has glow-in-the-dark paper attached to the lantern......

The Faun is made of sculpey..... do you recognize him....?

Here you can see the Lantern is glowing!

And another one that is still only partly done....
I think I showed you this one last year.....
It is supposed to be Santa's Parlor.......

With an elaborate cloud filled sky painted ceiling........

And a hearth with glowing coals and sparks flying up the chimney....
and a Tile Fireplace surround....

And a framed carving over the mantle......
of Mrs. Claus when she was younger, of course!

And a Gilded ceiling fixture......


And two windows looking out on the Night sky.......
with the moon looking into one........

And stars in the other......

I made two tiny stuffed chairs for them to sit in.....

And I STARTED to make Mr. and Mrs. Claus........
out of Sculpey and pipe cleaner wire.....

Here is a not very good picture with them inside.....
they are so tired they are already snoring....

And I have assembled a tiny table with a pot of Chocolate...... and a Tiny Tree....

To tuck in beside them in their COZY Parlor......

You can see I have a ways to go to finish this one.....

But, Oh, it looks so inviting......
waiting for Santa to be done with his busy LONG Night.......

MAYBE this year I will get it done....
but NOT before I finish drawing the Christmas Card!

Little Tree, Big Trees, Tiny Trees

23 comments:

  1. HI, I AM A NEW FOLLOWER and completely enchanted by your beautiful work!! ( and i just LOVE the music you choose!!) Best wishes for a Blessed and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your snowball ornaments Daydreamer! A wonderful way to include a few miniature scenes into your Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daydreamer, I take my hat off to you. Your talent is inspirational...what lovely work. The small scale detail you acheive blows me away.
    Absolutely beautiful job on the onraments and the trees!
    All the best,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear I can't tell the difference between the big tree and the small tree. They are both as real as the other !

    How time flies! Those snow globes from last year, I remember them as vividly as if you have shown them here yesterday! This year, my favourite is the one with the fairy in the forest and the enchanting pool! So tiny and yet the details are distinct and no less lacking than a real forest :).

    The one with the faun looks like there's snow in the globe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Betsy! I see you've been busy with the Christmas ornaments!;D They are great!
    Sans is right there is not a difference between small and big trees - thet all are beautiful!
    And your snow balls are awesome!
    I love your Mr.&MRS. Claus already! Can't wit to see them in their inviting little house!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both christmas trees are very beautiful. Thank you for the tutorial. So tiny!!!! I love your work.
    Hugs from Craftland

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love the snow ball ornaments!

    Hugs,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! How I wish I were there. My Christmas tree (a 4' artificial tree from Wall Mart) has been in the closet now for 2 years - I hope it still lights up. I've been busy just trying to finish up presents & get them in the mail.
    I think I, too, love the angel & the pond in the forest best, though the chairs for Mr. & Mrs. Claus are smashing! Lots of love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm remembering now how much I loved Easter eggs with landscapes inside-I know, wrong holiday, but one of my first introductions to conjured miniature worlds. You always take the tiny crafted world to the next level, B. They not only intrigue with the "how did she" aspect of the ornaments, but they transport. All your miniature objects do this. They take you to a place that's not real but feels real, and they make you aware of your own place-an awareness of your own scale, your hand, your breathing. I know this sounds a little romantic, but it's true, isn't it? You have to take such care, and take your time. How you manage to do this and fill your ornaments and houses and rooms with joy and humor-the snoozing pipe cleaner folks are so funny-that's your particular kind of magic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your ornaments are pure magic..

    ReplyDelete
  11. La idea de adornar las bolas del árbol con miniaturas es estupenda. ¡Felices fiestas!!!. Un saludo, Eva

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anna! Welcome to my blog! I LOVE to Enchant! Thank you for commenting.... I'm sorry to be so late to respond.... Can only plead the Holidays! I hope you will come again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Josje! I'm sorry to be so slow to respond... I am very happy you like my ornaments... I like SO MUCH of what you do! I'm sure you know the fascination of the tiny world!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Giac! Sorry I'm so slow to answer! I welcome your comments... your work is very inspiring to ME! I can't wait to see the tiny house you plan for the Nursery in your Manor... !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sans! The years ARE flying by, aren't they! I must confess that I have NOT finished these ornaments because I got so caught up in the Dollhouses.... THIS year I want to complete at least ONE of them!
    You are so kind about my trees... hee hee, but they do have a resemblance in spite of the two different scales.... gee, I wonder who did the decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ewa, I'm glad you like my ornaments! I am HOPING to complete the Santa Snowball ornament this year..... it is a shame to leave these only half done! So Maybe NEXT year I will be able to show you the Santa and Mrs. finished!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Craftland! Welcome to my blog! I'm very glad you enjoyed the ornaments!
    Happy Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, Mom! You know I always LOVE your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you, Amy! Your words Warm my heart and make me smile! Those Easter Eggs you mentioned ARE the original source of MY fascination with tiny worlds within.... my first experience of that possibility... that and Faberge Eggs... which I learned of later...! I remember trying to make little hollow eggs into decorations when I was young... they wouldn't Cut open right.... HOW do people DO that? So I make mine out of Paper mache... oh what a discovery that was! But it does take time.... and for so many years all I did was store up the ideas and gather tiny things.... It STILL takes me forever to finish them!!! Maybe this year....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi P! Welcome to my blog! And Thank you for your words! Sorry I am so slow to reply.
    I hope your Holidays are Happy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you, Eva! Happy Holidays to you too!

    ReplyDelete