Letting the Dust Settle......
Well, Dear Readers, I have been Trying to recall just What I was doing when I got swept up in telling tiny Tales.... and I had to browse through Weeks and weeks of photos that I have taken of the goings on in my Mini Worlds..... only to come to the conclusion that I have not accomplished even One Little project since before the summer began! It is a humbling thought indeed! Of course, I have started on several parts of the many projects I seem to have underway... only to hit a snag and put them aside... or simply get distracted.... or run out of Time to complete them. You might recall that I had started to paint the tiny figures in the border of the ceiling in the Castle Great Hall. I made a good start on the first side, but couldn't decide on all the subjects for the opposite side, so it is still just where I left it.... far from finished! But one morning the sunlight shone into the Hall, allowing me to take a picture in the beautiful light, so I thought I would share it with you, unfinished as it is!
And I had made a start with adding the exterior muntins
to the windows of the Willowcrest....
If you look closely in this picture you will see
that I have added them to the top portion of the window,
but not the bottom.
This is because it is bothering me that the muntin will abut directly onto the exterior window sill.... which is not at all how window frames are constructed! Let alone that there is no offset for the "double hung" windows to be opened by sliding past the upper portion of the window!
And if I add a "bottom" crosspiece to the window above the sill, I will also have to add one to the interior side of the window.... which already has the frame in place.
These windows were not designed properly!
So I have not continued with adding the exterior muntins to all these windows
while I try to decide what should be done.
I started to build the fireplace for the Willowcrest bedroom,
using various pieces of decorative trim wood from the Home Depot.
I even gave it the initial coats of paint to make it resemble stone.....
But it is still unfinished. The first coats of paint didn't look right......
And I need to decide whether there will be a "lit" fire in this fireplace....
So I can run the holes for the wiring before I attach the wall in place!
And there are still a few details I want to paint on the walls...
which will be so much easier to do
before I glue them all in place!
And I can't really get more work done on the Attic room
until I have glued the Floor....
And exterior walls (which still are not attached) in place!
(I think I need to make a list of all the things that are
keeping me from gluing those walls in place...)
Yes, precious little has been done!
So now that Everybody has gone home from the Halloween Party
and the Dust has had a chance to settle, Dear Readers,
I can see that there is Plenty that needs to be done.....
If I can only figure out What I am doing!!!
(Wish me Luck.... I really should be starting on Christmas!)