Friday, December 23, 2011

Dream On!

Dreaming of a Perfect Christmas......

Maybe it's because the FIRST time I ever saw the Lovely Old Dollhouse, Dear Readers, was on a Christmas Morn a long time ago, that I associate dollhouses so much with Christmas! To me it is just the PERFECT time of year to prepare the little houses with all the details that we long for so much in the Big World, but often cannot achieve..... to dress them in all the garlands and finery and bring out all the tiniest Treasures... to set up the little Tableaux that epitomize those Longings of the Heart.... for Home, Hearth, Family and Love! Alas, I am a LONG way from realizing MY Dreams of what I want my Mini-Worlds to looks like! Time marches on and the decor is just NOT finished! So Forgive me, Dear Readers, if what I show you has a familiar look.... there are only one or two changes from Last Year...... but I wish to bring you a glimpse of my Tiny World at Christmas.... Ready or Not!
You have seen the Folly in many seasons...... and Someday there will be a lovely landscape around the little house.... and too bad there is NO SNOW yet in our Northern yards...... but some years are just like that..... not Quite Ready! But there are some lights on the trees .... which have snow on their branches because last night it did snow about five flakes (and then melted)......
Oh and look who is waiting on the Porch...... helping to decorate.......

These dogs Must belong to Daphne who is staying at the Folly.......
I think their names are "Duke" and "Duchess"......
(Yes, they are supposed to be Christmas Tree ornaments.... bought in the supermarket....!)

And if you come around to the side you can see in the window.....
I LOVE looking into windows at the tiny world inside......

Daphne and Will are still discussing the Nature of Christmas and the Holiday Season......

While they sit by the Fire........
Dreaming of what is to come.....

And the little Nativity is set upon the Mantle this year.....
(The mirror is another Christmas Tree ornament I bought years ago....
and I knew it would make a PERFECT dollhouse mirror!)

Meanwhile in the Lovely Old Dollhouse..... Pollyanna is still mesmerized by the Beauty of the Christmas Tree lights.... those Tiny Colored bulbs are just so Enchanting! But she has managed to set up the Nativity....... and the Family is all gathered around to wait for Christmas Eve.....

Annabelle is Enchanted by the Nativity.......

The figures are arranged on the sideboard.... just like last year......
But this year we also have a cloth and the portrait on the wall.....

Here, you can see them closer..... they are resin figures about three quarters of an inch tall.....
But still...... the room has no garlands, no wreath adorns the door ......
No festive feast nor gingerbread house in sight...... No stockings line the mantle.... no gifts are piled under the tree.......No Snow.... no Glitter.....
SO MUCH I still want to do.......

And in the Chapel of the Castle........
where the murals are still unfinished....
No flowers adorn the Altar....
No, wait.....
in the Middle Ages there WERE NO FLOWERS in the Wintertime!

There was just the Cold DARK Night......
Lit by Candles on the Altar......

Where the Story of the Birth of Christ was Carved Into the Wooden Altar Screen.....

And Gilded so it shines in the Light......
(This Altar Screen is also a Christmas Tree ornament purchased many years ago....
because it really was such a perfect Dollhouse scale decoration!)

Adorning the Altar..... where the devout offer their prayers....
and Worship the Babe who was born so long ago........
Christmas Eve.....

From my House(s) to yours I send you this wish......
That your Fondest Dreams my Come True!

May your Holidays be Filled with Love and Laughter!

Dream On!

24 comments:

  1. really nice, everything!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    xxx Caterina

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house looks so wonderful. I want to crawl into that living room and sit by the fire!!!!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Betsy, it is noon here on Christmas Eve and I am enjoying the quiet before the party starts. It has also been raining so I don't look forward to the 45 minute train ride out to a friend's for the Xmas party. But that's 5 hours away...

    In the meantime, I visit you at the Lovely Old House and despite your house being decked out and the festive buzzing around the tree, I felt as if my quiet went uninterrupted. We head on to the chapel and the peace continues. It was a good day at your house, Betsy :).

    I will never look at Xmas decorations the same way again.

    Have a homely (the best kind :) ) Xmas and a blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful scenes Betsy!!! I wish you a Merry Xmas to you and yours! Warm hugs,Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures - Wishing you a very Merry Christmas. Irene x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post, lovely photos! Merry Christmas, Betsy to you, your family and all of your dolls!

    Jingle Bells!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a very Merry Christmas, Betsy!
    I love the way you used Christmas ornaments in Mini world!Great ideas!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have really captured the spirit of Christmas in your three, very different doll houses. Beautiful! We have snow here, as you know - plenty of it. 9 degrees this morning.
    Merry Christmas - talk to you later.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Que preciosas fotografias, me encanta tus decoraciones NavideƱas.
    Feliz Navidad!!
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have the Merriest Christmas Betsy. I see the spirit of Christmas in your houses and the chapel is divine! I love Duke and Duchess on the porch to greet the visitors, I too have some of the ornament dogs :)

    Holiday Hugs,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Caterina! Happy holidays to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Patty! (Me Too!)
    Happy Holidays to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sans! I am so happy that you had a Peaceful Christmas Eve Morning visit to all my Dollhouses! That is Exactly what I was wishing! I am always so intrigued by the Time difference between your world and mine... I go to sleep and you are in the middle of your day... I wake up and you are heading home from work.... You go to sleep while I am working.... I head home and you are waking up... So here you were... while I was sleeping.... the First visitor on Christmas Eve Morn! I'm so glad you enjoyed the visit! You can see me Smiling! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Jeannette! happy Holidays to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Irene! Happy Holidays to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, John! Happy Holidays to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, Ewa! The Mini-vision knows no bounds... if it Looks mini.... then it MUST be mini!
    (I know YOU see this way too!)
    Happy Holidays to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Mom! Still no snow here! But Plenty of Christmas Spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you Ascencion! I am glad you like them! Happy Holidays to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Victoria! I'm glad I'm not the only one with those "dogs"! I LOVE them!
    Merry Christmas to you and Yours!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Carmen! Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks, Eliana! Happy Holidays to you too!

    ReplyDelete