I am Sure you won't be surprised, Dear Readers, to see more of the Castle Stone Re-building project in all it's rough and imprecise details, since that has been the story for a while in my Mini World. The Vaulted ceiling in the Dungeon also needed its arch supports strengthened. Above you can see the beginnings.... I have turned on the Flash for my camera so you can actually see what I am talking about. It makes everything look horrible... and you can clearly see all the inadequacies of my earlier construction and the irregularities of my painting! I hope you can overlook the piles of bones.... this is the "Ossarium" for the ancient Chapel which has stood here for Ages. Fortunately, adding the "stone" vault supports has become rather Formulaic.... that is to say easy... and it went quickly with no problems.
All it needs now is the grout lines added.
And this would be the final arch to re-do....
unless I decided to re-do the Stables too.
Which you can see here.
And I left them for Last because I was Undecided!
The painted arches looked fine! (I told myself.)
It is way too deep in there to reach! (I told myself.)
Nobody can even See way back there! (I told myself)
But the Stable Door needs its stone framework done! (I told myself.)
And that will make the Arch supports look terrible! (I admitted reluctantly.)
I didn't want to leave this as the Only Castle Room unfinished! (I reminded myself.)
And the arch supports aren't that difficult! (I reminded myself.)
Which meant I would have to knuckle down and just get it done!
But when I started to add the arch support stones
I made an alarming discovery....
The vaulted ceiling didn't quite meet the wall!
And the crack was wide enough to make adding the "stone" supports tricky...
they could disappear into that crack!
(This picture was taken after I had already added supports
to the corner posts... hiding part of the gap!)
You can see here, more clearly, the added corner posts...
I decided that the foundation itself needed to be "strengthened".
Otherwise the stronger "vaulting" would look out of scale.
And with the last section of the "post" added... it just needs the grout painted.
Then I added a strip of "vaulted ceiling" to the crack....
(painted the dark gray)
and then I could add the support stones!
Of course, I also needed to "strengthen" the other corner post.....
back there where it was Really Really difficult to reach....
let alone see what I was doing!
Which is why I only managed to get half way across one section of the Vaulting!
But I am glad I decided to tackle this.
I am making the whole structure better in the process!
And that is all I am going to show for now, Dear Readers,
because I am not enjoying the New Blogger!
I have not managed to make my pictures fit.....
Which is more than annoying!
Well.... I'll just show you the next stitching I have started .....
although it is requiring re-doing as well....!
It is a Medieval style wall hanging....
but I counted wrong when starting the second lady's hair....
I am having to unstitch all of her!
And my frame isn't really big enough...
so I've ordered another one!
Re-doing seems to be my new Normal!
I hope you all are faring well and making minis....!