Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Stitches And Stones......

 

 

 

Soothing Patterns.....

I Don't Know about you, Dear Readers, but I am finding the rhythmic process of stitching to be a very Soothing activity in these trying times. The minute I finish one piece of stitching I want to start another. And it is almost the same with the Stones for the Castle doors and windows. There is a sameness to the construction and a predictable outcome, with minor variations. I don't have to think too hard or figure out complicated new processes, I just need to keep applying myself to the job of making little "stones" to fit the door surrounds. It's a good thing that I have a whole batch of little stitching kits waiting for me, and a Whole Castle full of unfinished doors and windows! The current batch of "stones can be seen under construction below......

Exciting....! Right?

Well, there was a Little bit of Drama about installing them.....


I had to Negotiate with Slitherwing to get access to the Dungeon doors!

I can't reveal the Terms we agreed upon.....

But I managed to get the stones done.

 I think the doors are looking good, 

all they need are the grout lines repainted.


Slitherwing didn't want me to get any closer to the Dungeon....


Here you can see where I need to repaint the grout lines around the doorways... 

but the Stones are in place.

It is really difficult to reach the Inner Dungeon

 even without Slitherwing in the way!

 

As for the Stitching, Dear Readers, 

The Prayer Rug is coming along quickly. 

(It is a small carpet)

It is such a Beautiful pattern!

I Love the colors, the theme, the Patterns...

I want to make more and learn to design them too!

But Meanwhile, I will just keep Stitching...!

 

And as for the New Blogger.... Grrrrr.....

I am coming to the conclusion that I will have to redesign the whole blog template....

 it appears to be the wrong structure for the new photo format,

 and I don't know how to adjust it. 

So don't be too surprised if things are different here one of these days...

When I figure it out.....

Sigh

11 comments:

  1. Estoy totalmente de acuerdo contigo en que bordar es de lo más relajante! Ese patrón de alfombra es muy bonito!!!
    Y eres valiente al decidirte a entrar en las mazmorras con ese guardián,pero el resultado de colocar las piedras es genial!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betsy! I have just popped in (after a long self inflicted "technology and social media" time out) to find your wonderful progress on the prayer rug and the castle stones. Great job for keeping yourself both zen and moving forward with mini goals in these very tumultuous times we are surviving in!
    I am sorry to hear that you, too, are finding the learning curve and "features" difficult to navigate in the new blogger interface. I am going to recommend that for now, you simply reduce the size of your photos to fit better into the existing template. You can find instructions for doing that here:

    https://my-miniaturemadness.blogspot.com/p/fur-babies.html

    At some point, after I have a chance to test it with the new blogger, I will share how to go in and change your page and column widths so that you know it for future changes.

    Hope to be back to all my favorite blogs and post one myself soon!
    Hugs,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new rug is looking good and the stones are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Title of this post Betsy and I love the prayer rug and the colors of it as well!
    The stones in the castle are moving right along despite the local dragon barring the way!
    and like you, I'm NOT HAPPY with the New Blogger format either ESPECIALLY since neither me or my techy daughter, knows how to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel you with the blogger thing... I guess we get what we pay for? It is free after all. Which is definitely the right price for me.

    I love the prayer rug! So beautiful.

    And congratulations on getting past Slitherwing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stitching - like knitting?
    I remember when you spent one whole visit sewing that blue flag that Pat carried in the puppet parade in memory of the young girl who died in the tragic plane crash. I think her name was Ella.
    Sorry about blogger - it looks ok from here...
    Much love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just commented - but it looks as tho it didn't publish. Maybe Blogger is indeed defective?
    Love your prayer rug. Be nice to Slitherwing.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, Blogger came through.
    xoxo
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you've been able to find an agreement with Slitherwing... and regarding you've been able to write this post I suppose you've worked your stones without trusting him too much... or in other words never stopping to keep an eye or two on him. *grin* I've enjoyed seeing this mischievious friend again - and even more to discover the details of the dungeon (Little fun fact - while I'm writing this they're playing in the radio that certain song starting with the 13 strikes of "Hells Bells"... I wonder now if Slitherwing likes AC/DC... I bet he could take anyone on the "Highway to Hell"... eh... where was I...) So far I've never noticed there were so many skeletons in the dungeon... and such enormous spiders. But to my excuse I'd like to point out that I usually meet Slitherwing at Halloween and in this time of the year the dungeon is darker and blurrier... *teehee*

    It's great that you're finding so many positive and relaxing aspects in your rock making, so rock on!!! And I'm once more amazed about your stitching speed. Your progress is incredible and it's an exciting idea that perhaps one day you're going to create your own patterns. I know there's special software for this out there... but I think there are also ways to do this with photoshop. It would be great to see you stitching your own design one day!

    And I'm with you about the new blogger... Okay, as it's free we have to get along with what we get - but I don't understand why they always have to change things and even worse make changes that never lead to any improvement. Adding pictures is the pest now, not only that I have to upload every photo on its own (unless I'm lucky to have a row of photos from my infamous series about BiWuBearies in the garden) but I'm also editing every single photo by clicking on it in the blogger "new post" form and changing it to the size I want... so laborious. As we say in Germany: Why make things easy if there's a way to make them complicated... *blarg*

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! It´s always a good thing to have a happy place to go and miniatures are perfect for that. I am glad that you reached an agreement with Slitherwing and the stones have been placed with no danger for you, I hope the deal does not cost you much, lol. Keep safe and enjoy yourself. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reaching an agreement with the mighty Slitherwing brought great results with the stones.
    The prayer rug looks beautiful and on its way to be completed. Great work!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete