Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Shelter From The Storm.....




What A Castle Is For......

I do Not have a lot to show you this week, Dear Readers. The weekend was filled with small progress on the "Rock" making and not many photos to show for it. It was also filled with the dire warnings of Tropical Storm Isaias' potential march up the East Coast to the Northern regions of the country where I live! Every now and then a Hurricane comes calling in New England, often with serious consequences. (Remember Irene? Sandy?) Isaias threatened to take a similar track. I live over one hundred miles from the coast, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't prepare for trees to come down and power to go out. The track was supposed to go close to where I live.... close enough to cause trouble. What to do? On Tuesday when it was clear we would be getting a storm, I decided to gather many of the Little People in the safest part of my house.... The Castle!
You might be surprised to see who arrived....

The Cloud Palace Gang decided to hang out
in The Guard Room with Guard Ian.
I apologize for the poor lighting and the hasty photos...
the Storm was marching north!

Tommy and Caroline and Beatrice brought Snowy with them.
Henry and Belle and Old Meg are deep in the shadows.
They are not worried. They know
the Castle has stood for Hundreds of years!

The Little Dreamers have joined the Witches in The Great Hall.
All the hounds are there and the fire will keep them warm.

Over at The Lovely Old Dollhouse,
the Family was deciding to shelter in Place.

Sally May and Chip and Annabelle had come to join them.
This House was located at the Safe end of the Valley, after all.

And The Wizard had gathered some of the more vulnerable strays....
You really never know who you will meet in a Shelter!

There wasn't Time to prepare for much!
The tornadoes went by to The West and The East
and The North and The South!
But here, All was calm....
until the Storm had raced to the North...
and Then there was Wind and rain!
Only a Few branches came down
and nobody was hurt at my house.
We didn't even lose Power!
But I am Glad, Dear Readers,
The Castle is here
to take Shelter from the Storm!

(I Don't know why my photos are so big....!?!)
(Darn new blogger.....)


5 comments:

  1. It was very wise of you to make sure all your small friends were safe. And you, too, of course!
    Much love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, dear Betsy, thank you for your kind words of condolences. They warmed my heart.
    Your storm shelter scenes are very convincing. Old castles were lighted with torches and your photos look very authentic. I love to see all these familiar characters again.
    A hug, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  3. The castle shelter is certainly one of the best I've ever seen. Plenty of room and lots to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm VERY late this time due to family issues (two family members with serious diseases in hospital) but not too late to say I'm thankful you all made it well through the storm! And so thoughtful of you to give shelter to the little persons and bearsons in the house - I've so enjoyed the pictures. And even the Cloud Palace Gang was there (hooray)... and to my big surprise Daphne, Raymond and Renee whom I expected to be safe and sound in France. Hmmmm... maybe a new trick of time and a look into the future? So good the Wizard is already there... and it's also good that Old Meg is sitting by the fire as she should. ;O)

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete