Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Talking Turkey.....




Gobble Gobble Gobble.........

I Suppose I am allowed to feel a bit surprised, Dear Readers, that we are Already celebrating Thanksgiving, because it is falling earlier in the year than it has the past few years. This is because it is always the fourth Thursday of November whichever week that falls in! And as many of you know, this is when families on this side of the Pond are expected to gather together and "Give Thanks" primarily by eating an enormous Feast! And the centerpiece of this Feast is almost always roasted Turkey with "all the fixings"! Sally May loves to cook and was eager to host the Family Dinner again, and all the rest of the Family were more than willing to let her have her way. She spent all day in the kitchen preparing the traditional dishes.

Meanwhile, over at the Lovely Old Dollhouse, 
Victor and Joanna are wondering if it is time 
to head over to the Shabby Sister House 
where Sally May and Chip live. 
(It is a bit shabby because Chip is a builder 
and it is a fixer-upper that he promises will be fixed up someday!)
Will has been invited to join them 
because he has no family on this side of "the Pond".

Helen and Charles agree that it is time to head over.
They did not want to be too early 
as that would make Sally May feel rushed....
Sally May had said dinner would be at six.


There is not a great deal of room in Sally May and Chip's house.....
So it is very cozy once they have all arrived.
Chip's parents Ernest and Blanche
 have been there since the middle of the afternoon.
They live up the River and drove down for the Feast.

Joanna and Pollyanna head straight to the kitchen 
to see how they can help Sally May.
(She never likes too many helpers in her kitchen....
 the cooking area is quite small! )
But she has everything almost ready!
 
 The enormous turkey has come out of the oven
 and is just "resting"
 while she makes the gravy and cooks the peas....
 
Pollyanna carries the dishes to the Dining Room.... 
they will be eating "buffet style" 
as there are too many guests to fit around the table.

Joanna says "let me take the turkey.... 
that will give you more room in here...."

Annabelle says "I want to help....!"
 "You can help me sort the silverware...." replies Pollyanna.

Joanna set the turkey at the head of the table, 
then decided to count the napkins....

Sally May says " I think that's everything..."
"Shall I call everybody in..." asks Joanna?

Goodness! It is a crowded room!

Chip's Father always leads the song of Blessing....
everybody joins in, 
the familiar words echoing in the room ....
"Praise Him from whom all blessings flow......"

Chip loves the moment when he can begin to carve the turkey.... 
it makes him feel so useful!
Well, Dear Readers, we will leave them here,
 about to fill their plates and their bellies.
I believe they are ready to Gobble up the food 
they have waited so long to enjoy!

And as we stand back, 
I want to say to ALL of you, Dear Readers, 
how Thankful I am that you are Here!
I feel it is such a Gift that there are so many miniaturists 
all around the World who visit and share this mini World with me!
Thank you for your visits!
Thank you for your Wonderful comments!
Thank you sharing your knowledge and love of miniatures!
 
Oh, and don't forget to stick around for the Pie!

Yes! That Pie!
I hope you All can gather with Loved ones
 and enjoy the Feast!
Yes, it's Thanksgiving once Again
and we're Talking Turkey!
(Gobble gobble gobble.......!)

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely story :-). I bet the guests are having a great time and enjoy the food very much, the turkey looks very tasty! The dogs are so good, they only look at the pie and don't eat it! ;-). Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heureux Thanksgiving à vous Betsy et à tous nos amis miniaturistes

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely Thanksgiving chapter! I like it that Sally, in her tiny house, is doing all the cooking & having everyone over, even if there isn't a lot of elbow room. I'm thankful that I'll be able to chew dinner...
    Lots of love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohhh Turkey and pie... the two necessities for Thanksgiving. Hope you have a happy one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely Thanksgiving story, Betsy, I loved seeing the pictures of the mini scenes.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is always LOTS to be Thankful for and I am Very Thankful for your Very lovely blog Betsy!
    Your stories are always a tasty treat to read as well as to indulge our imaginations on and just as enjoyable as turkey and pie! :D

    "Praise GOD from whom all blessings flow" and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all those hungry little people alive and well in Besty-ville :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your Thanksgiving Day was as lovely as it was in your miniature world... thanks for this meeting with old friends - and for your kind words at the end. Thank YOU for being here!

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your enjoyable blog! Watch those pies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Betsy,
    I think I speak for many when I say how thankful I am to have your wonderful blog to inspire me, teach me, and help me get away from reality to the wonderful mini world you have created.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so lovely to see such a festive gathering in the miniature world! I have so much to be grateful for, and counted among the very top are caring, creative mini friends such as you! Thanks for putting together these wonderful and detailed scenes, Betsy! I really enjoyed my visit here this morning! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, Betsy - I echo Giac's sentiments; thank you for all the motivation and inspiration that I derive from your creative blog. And thank you for sharing such a festive Thanksgiving post from your miniature world. You've included all the elements that make a wonderful day: family, friends, goodwill, good food, and good appetite! That's a lot to be thankful for!
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very lovely Thanksgiving story!

    ReplyDelete