Thank YOU Josje!!! It Works, Dear Readers, it WORKS!!! Thanks to Josje, of A Beautiful World Blog! (If you haven't seen her wonderful blog you Must go right on over!) She had commented that she had experienced a new bulb not working when the fixture was in fact fine. Which made me think I should try again! So I took the bulb from the working light and screwed it into the non-working fixture... and Lo and Behold it Worked!!! I can't tell you how relieved I am!!!
So then I found another new bulb for the socket I knew was working and here you can see.....
BOTH lights are lit!!!
Now I am sure I am not imagining it....!!!
Yippeee Yay Hooray!!!
I am sure I would never have imagined that a "new" bulb
would be a "dud" straight out of the package.....!
And I hate to think how much destruction I would have wrought....
before discovering it was all for nothing!
Thank you So Much Josje!!!
Your wisdom and your timely comment has saved the Day!!!
Here you can see it with the sconce "shades" added....
And with the fire lit too.....
NOW it looks the way I have imagined it would!!!
And since I have so Easily overcome that snag, Dear Readers,
I would like to show you the other small thing
I accomplished this past weekend!
You might recall that I mentioned
needing to make the extra wall panel
that would hide all those wires
before I could add the rest of the crown moulding
to the kitchen ceiling.
Above, you can see I cut a panel from a piece of 1/8 inch plywood
just the size of the wall it will cover.
And since this is the wall where the kitchen stove will sit,
I wanted to make it another grand old fireplace
that has been converted for modern use.....
So I cut some pieces of moulding strips
of various styles and glued them on....
I know it is rather large for this kitchen....
But this is a Witchy house....
Their Hearths are extremely important...!
And because the whole kitchen is so small....
I really don't want to make the hearth too skimpy....
I am settling for a shallow depth and a high mantle...
And a very European style hood...
Here you can see the plain cardboard I used...
And here it has the first coat of paint...
And testing to make sure the stove will still fit!
And all the wires for the upstairs lights as well as the parlor sconces
will be hidden behind this wall
as they pass down to the foundation and the plug strip!
I think it is shaping up nicely!
But Right now, Dear Readers,
I don't think Anything can beat that "Eureka" moment....
Discovering that Yes, Both the Lights do Work!!!
Let there be Light!!!
(Thanks to Josje!)