Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Lilacs.....

 


Are Blooming....

Maybe you remember, Dear Readers, the months and months of work it took for me to make the lilac shrubs for The Folly garden! And because it was such a monumental process, with the challenge of making the shrub suitable for four seasons of viewing (four different removable versions of the shrub!) it is an absolute necessity that the Blooming Lilac shrub have it's show time every May! So I have moved the dollhouses around so The Folly can sit in solitary splendor at the end of my work table where the lilac is easily viewed in all it's glory. This is my favorite spot for this dollhouse.... and seeing it still half finished... there is the other half of the garden still to make and the Tree House to complete... maybe it is not even half finished yet! But I have resigned myself to the idea that this must take it's time in order to be done right. So for now, we will just admire the lilac in full springtime bloom!

Believe me, it is a challenge to get good photos of this shrub!
The sunlight hides behind the neighbor's house at this time of year,
 and then suddenly it is taking over with brilliant contrast
 as it tops their roof and glares in my windows!


There seems to be no in-between!


My camera doesn't know where to focus...
and too much reflection spoils the colors...


The blossoms are still too washed out....!


And on a different morning....
 before the sun is too far advanced...
Perhaps we get a better view?


And a moment later the sun is taking over...


And I must try again another day.


Perhaps before the sun arrives.... 
when it is still too dark to really see.
Well, no matter Dear Readers,
I am enjoying every minute
 of seeing The Folly lilacs in bloom,
 and maybe just a little bit of 
Dreaming about the rest of this Garden!


9 comments:

  1. The Lilacs are very very fine! Good work! Hugs Britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Betsy, The lilac shrub is one of your masterpieces. It's so lifelike and gorgeous that it give anyone who looks at it pure pleasure.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betsy! Your lilac shrub is absolutely gorgeous! I can almost smell the sweet fragrance! What a charming, beautiful dollhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always loved your lilac bushes! They're so pretty. And they remind me so much of the house I grew up in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always looking forward to see the lilac tree bloom in front of the Folly. It's always a pleasure to see this masterpiece again... and the other seasonal shrubs may forgive me, but the spring edition is of course the most beautiful with all its stunning blossoms. And it also reminds me that I am the very proud and thankful owner of one of these flowers. Thanks for the beautiful pictures!

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember and love them just as much now as I did then. The idea of seasonal changes is just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Betsy! When I saw the first photo I heard angels sing! Stunningly beautiful!!! I love getting to see these extraordinary lilacs every spring, and it encourages me to give that much more effort to my own ideas. Thanks for the continual inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of THE most intricately beautiful plants done in miniature- EVER! ❤️

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete