Depending On How You Count....
As With most kits, Dear Readers, this alcove is made up of many layered pieces that must be punched out and glued together to achieve the desired results. Above you can see the front wall of the Alcove being glued to the main section. I am trying to not get too far ahead of myself with attaching all the pieces only to discover that I should have attached the wall paper or at least added primer to all the wood before I glued it together. And I also need to make a decision about how much of the floor I will be able to incorporate into the Sugarplum design... and then make the appropriate cuts. Along with that decision is the need to re-design the little shelf brackets that are supposed to flank the opening of the Alcove, but might not work where I am putting it in the Sugarplum kit. But at least the front opening arch, which is supposed to resemble a Stone archway, will be used as designed for the kit. I did manage to punch out the little support pieces and the stone arch itself and glued them together.
Here you can see the pieces for the arch attached.
The alcove is supposed to have little angled "wings"
off the sides where the little shelves attach.
I am not using the "wings" so I may have to redesign
the little shelves to fit against a straight wall.
And because my weekend was busy with Family visits
I did not get anything else accomplished on the Dollmaker's Studio!
But the second little thing I wanted to show you, Dear Readers,
is another Tiny project I am trying to complete,
which I started way last Fall!
This is going to be a Christmas Stocking done in Petit-point stitching.
It is a kit by Janet Granger and will be a little village
of houses under a starry night when it is done!
Here is what the pattern looks like.
I have only made one serious mistake so far...
and it was not one I could undo,
but it was not desperately bad either.
I will leave you to see if you can spot it!
Here you can see I have added more of the trees....
And then the darker green shadow color.
And that is as far as I got
before the Family visit demanded my attention.
And the Third little thing is
the weekly Ten Leafy Stems that I completed!
I have decided that I need to attach them as I go from now on,
so I can better estimate how many I will actually need to make.
So there you have it, Dear Readers,
Three Little Things I managed to do on a busy Weekend!
(Depending on how you are counting, that is!)