Tuesday, October 19, 2021

And More Stitching...

 

 


Not Much to Show...

I Spent a good part of the weekend, Dear Readers, taking advantage of what little daylight we still have as the days get shorter and shorter, stitching on the petit-point cushion. I was eager to see how the colors would all come together since I had inadvertently switched two of them in the pattern. The pistachio green was supposed to end up being more of an outline color, while the main color of the lozenges (I don't know what they should be called!) was supposed to be the pale gray green, that to me looks much more gray-blue than gray-green. But I was going to have to do quite a bit of stitching before I would be able to judge this change in colors. Firstly, I completed the pistachio green of the lozenges.

Then I forgot to take progress pictures....
until I had nearly completed all the lozenges!


Here they all have been added, 
but the inner colors are not all filled in.
At this point I am adding the palest blue
 which goes in the central medallion... 
can you even see the stitched part?
The color is so similar to the color of the mesh
 that it is really tricky to stitch and not miss stitches!
 
If you look really carefully, you can see
 I have filled in the right half of the
 center medallion with the pale blue ground...


And here the central part is completed with the palest blue.
Only one color has not yet been used...
 and this is the gray-green that was supposed to be
 used for the lozenges around the sides,
which is instead being the outline color.
I know, it is really confusing because my 
chart symbols don't match the color symbols!


And I only got a small part of the outlines done,
because it is challenging to add only one row of stitches
between the already stitched lozenges...
perhaps I should have done the outlines first! 
I have only done the part around the central medallion 
and a little bit of the outlines on the lower left corner.
But I think I am going to like the way it turns out when I am done,
 even though I will have to wait for daylight to do any stitching.

And that's all I have to show, Dear Readers, 
just a Little bit More stitching!


7 comments:

  1. No need to have worried about colours - this is coming along to perfectly. Even if it was not a deliberate change, I think the bright pistachio green works much better spaces out more like you have it here.
    Happy Stitching,
    Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a pity when something does not goes to plan. But I agree with Anna, it is the result that counts and the design is perhaps even improved with the switch. :-)

    I love the way it looks now.Can't wait to see the finished item.

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty! I'm amazed at how quickly you can stitch these tiny patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever was meant or is going to be, the pattern is beautiful and will make a pillow worth treasuring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Besty, your mini embroidery work never fails to impress! I don't know how you manage to stay so focused and keep the work so neat and tidy but you do! Keep on going because it's really starting to take shape and the color- switch is Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful embroidery work, as always.

    ReplyDelete