Tuesday, February 8, 2022

More Finishing....

 


Hardwick Hall Curtains...

Some of you, Dear Readers, will have noticed by now that when I don't have the answers to the problem I have been working on in my mini builds, I simply move to another project and work on it instead. I know this means I jump around a lot from project to project! And sometimes I have no idea why I jumped from one project when I finally return to it and easily complete it! This is the case with the curtains in the Parlor of Hardwick Hall. The windows that look onto the porch and the side windows at the front of the parlor have had their lovely black lace curtains in place for years already. But the side bay windows have remained bare! The lace for the curtains has been draped on the floor of this room for a very long time! The curtain rod has been fitted to the bay window alcove and is just waiting for the curtains. (I am sorry I could not easily find you a picture of this.) For some reason I cannot remember, I didn't finish putting up these curtains. And the windows of the bedroom upstairs have remained bare as well, probably because I could not find the right material to use. Then, last fall while I was searching for something else entirely, I stumbled upon the perfect lace for the bedroom window curtains!

Here you can see I am testing it in the bedroom
 on a beautiful sunny morning....
I think it will be perfect!
And there is just enough for the curtains
 for both the windows in this room!

And this discovery made me wonder why
 I had not yet completed the curtains for the Parlor...
And just how long would it take to finish them?

Here you can see the section of lace waiting to be made
 into the curtains for the bay window of the parlor.
All it needed was to be ironed and cut into four panels
 and have rings sewn at the top! 
And I even had rings the right size!
 

And here you can see the first one on the curtain rod....
or you would if it wasn't so darn dark at this time of year!
I will have to scare you with the flash...
 

It is a little hard to get the camera into a good angle
 without getting too much reflection.
I quickly added the other curtains too....
 

Here they are all in place!
Wow, that wasn't hard at all!
(I still need to finish painting these trees
 and get them attached too!)


These curtains were a little harder to finish, 
but only because I didn't have the right size rings
 for the larger curtain rods. 
I had to take apart some charm bracelets
 to get enough for both windows.
I just love how these curtains look like spider webs at the bottom!
 

And the other window. 
I know, it is a bit dark!


Here it is with the flash.
It doesn't really do it justice.


And here it is in the morning light... 
much better!


And the bay window downstairs too...!
 
I really must admit, Dear Readers, 
I have no idea why it took me so long
 to get these curtains finished.
And I am so glad they are finally done!
 


9 comments:

  1. Es gratificante ver como nuestras ideas van tomando forma.
    ¿El tiempo? no importa si el final nos deja satisfechos.
    Esta habitación ha quedado genial.
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Efectivamente has encontrado las cortinas adecuadas. Muy bonito.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The curtains are perfect for these rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVELY Betsy!
    Curtains make such a difference to any room but what a nice reintroduction to the Hardwick Halls magical bedroom and Parlor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Betsy. I am exactly the same with my projects, and very often when I return to something that wasn’t finished, I get it finished quickly and with little fuss and wonder what the drama was. We can be strange creatures. Perhaps something else in another build just caught our attention at that moment or we got lazy and didn’t feel like finishing something. But regardless, your curtains are now done and look great! It’s very satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Que importa el tiempo si el resultado es tan fabuloso!! La habitación queda genial, todo conjunta a la perfección!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're not the only one who is glad that you've finally finished the curtains - I too am glad for two reasons: First, because the windows with the curtains on look awesome! I really like the black lace which is perfect for this room and the white one was the perfect choice, the side view is breathtaking and I can only agree, they make you think of spiders, just the right thing for Hardwick Hall. And the other reason is (surprise!): I loved to return to Hardwick Hall... oh, how I enjoyed to see your beautiful wall paintings again!!! And I swear I heard those birdies sing (Which reminds me of something... wait... did I just hear some butterflies giggle in a cloudy place high above??? *tweet*) And it's always such a big pleasure to see those stunning trees again, I can't wait for the day when you're going to care about them again. But whenever this day will come... in the meantime I'm going to enjoy whatever you're paying your attention to. ;O)

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how they've turned out! So delicate looking.

    ReplyDelete