Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Not To Mention the Chapel....

 

 

No, I Have Not Forgotten the Chapel....

Well, Dear Readers, this Project Review becomes almost Embarrassing when we open the doors to the Chapel. I don't know how Father Alban can stand the accumulated mess of parts and unfinished projects that clutter his Chapel! I know this entire Tower of the Castle has been on "hold" for what seems like forever while I try to "quickly finish" the other tower, and the Great Hall. I am sure I had a reason for this at some long time past.... but I cannot remember it now! I was in the middle of painting the murals on the ceiling and the remaining wall, and I think I wanted to get the Great Hall finished first....

And at the moment the lights are not even hooked up,
 due to the exterior painting that was being done
 a couple of summers ago!
So I cannot even shed more light on this chaos!
Perhaps that is just as well...
Finding the thread of my inspiration
 is proving more challenging than I had thought!
And while I dither, Dear Readers,
I hope you will not mind one more tiny update on the carpet stitching...


It is so soothing to just follow the pattern and add stitch after stitch...


And suddenly the central portion is complete!
Oh, my!
And the outer borders are taking shape too.
And soon, I am sure I will pick up the threads of my other projects,
 and figure out the next steps
 on one project or another.
But, No! I have not Forgotten the Chapel!


8 comments:

  1. The chapel! Oh I remember the marvelous chapel and all it's beautifully painted panels! I love how you've detailed the carved moldings with red and gold, and the altar, benches and wee religious minis are truly divine. You are so close to having the ceiling finished! I am really curious to see what you will do with the fourth walls/doors. More incredibly detailed saints, perhaps? Of course leaded windows, but will they have saints? I can't wait to find out! You are so close that I can see why you're tempted to finish it! And wouldn't that be a wonderful post around Easter?
    The rug is so beautiful and a real treat to gaze upon! The combinations of colors and patterns are like sunshine to the soul! It won't be long before you have it finished but meanwhile, stitch while you ponder which mini dream is pulling at your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see the chapel completed.
    The carpet already looks gorgeous. I love the colors.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betsy. The carpet is very pretty, and looks very nearly complete. That is an achievement in itself. Every time you finish a carpet, I am in awe of your patience and skills to do such things. The chapel will be finished in good time, don’t stress it. I myself have a million unfinished projects…

    ReplyDelete
  4. To accept and endure what life (or fate) throws at him, is something which the good father Alban as a monk/priest should be able to undergo with a reverent calm.

    So, waiting a little longer for his oratory to be transformed from (thé most beautiful) unfinished "storage area" into a gracefully decorated chapel, is something he can do. "He got this!" as they say in the modern parlance. ;-) So do not worry about the good father if you decide to work on another project than the chapel. How glorious it will look though when finished!

    The carpet is also nothing short of breathtaking. I find the motifs and the colours really spectacular!

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete
  5. The carpet looks so lovely. And I know your inspiration will come back and you'll finish the chapel so seamlessly no one would even know it was paused for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so wonderful to visit the Chapel again! And I'm not surprised at all that Father Alban keeps calm and patient in all this "mess". He is all by himself painting his icons and does not notice what's left, right or behind of him. And as a Catholic he might also remember that the German word for the Catholic church service is "Messe"... so he should be used to mess even if it comes along with just one single "e"... ;O) I'm also convinced that he appreciates very much that you concentrated on painting the patient Saints back then... so don't worry, he will accept whatever thread you might pick up next.

    Speaking of threads... the rug is awesome. And it was a lovely discovery to learn that there is yet another border needed to be stitched... so more fun for you and your stitching needle and more fun for me when looking at the next progress.

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Está claro que no se puede hacer todo al mismo tiempo. Ya le llegará el turno a la capilla. De momento la alfombra es una maravilla.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The paintings in the Chapel are gorgeous. And the new carpet looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete