You might be surprised to learn, Dear Readers, that our local lilacs are just Now coming into bloom! It is a very very late Spring in this part of the World, but not All of us mind! It is still just as Beautiful as can be with the sun shining and the birds singing. Will and Gabrielle are enjoying the early morning in the sunshine beneath the Blossoming Lilac. Yes, it was time at last to bring it out of the storage box for its brief reign of beauty! This also required a certain amount of shuffling the Houses around, even though it is still too early to move the house plants outdoors which signals the true start of Summer at my house and the rest of the dollhouse seasonal shuffle takes place.
I hope you don't mind if we revel in the lilacs for a minute or two!
In case you did not remember that it took well over a year
to construct the lilac shrub, I think it deserves
a minute or two at least of admiration!
Will and Gabrielle are smitten...
and not just with the lilac!
It is difficult to get good pictures....
the sun is either too little or too much...
But, Oh we love it so!
It was one of those weekends when
there was not much time for minis.
But I did make a Start on the next window
for the Lord's Council Chamber.
The opening front has one window.
I started by making the paper pattern for the opening.
And cutting the outer framework from 1/8th inch thick plywood.
I must be getting practiced at this....
it fits better than the last one!
Yes, I am going to make the bottom section open with hinges again!
This requires building two separate frames for each half of the window.
Here I am making sure the bottom half
will fit right with the upper half.
And you can see the inner side of the opening door
has been painted to resemble the stone walls.
Both the frames have been fitted,
now they will be painted while I make the glass panes....
Once again, I have stained the bottom opening section
as it would not have been made of stone like the upper frame.
You might recall that I had found two panes of glass in my scrap pile
that were Exactly the right size for the windows....
I decided to only use one on the first window
since I needed to shape the top pane anyway....
which means I still had a ready made pane for this window!
What you see here is the top pane which I did have to cut to fit....
prepped for the lead lines painting.
There are guide lines on the paper
for the exact size of the window opening
and the placing of the lead lines.
Here you see both panes "leaded".
As usual, the lead paint is hard to control
and my lines are too blobby and badly spaced.
I will be able to do some cleaning it up once it is dry.
And in case you were wondering if I had made up my mind
about the grouted floor in the Lord's Council Chamber...
Even though it is impossible to get the perfect
bright sunny morning pictures...
I Absolutely Love it!
And though the Lilacs are blooming so late, Dear Readers,
They take my breath away with their beauty!
I Love them still!