Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Just Another Up-date....

 

 


A Few Little Additions.....

I Hope you will understand, Dear Readers, that I have been doing almost nothing except work on the Christmas Card drawing and it is still not finished. I have not read any blogs or spent time in the internet, and the one tiny exception is that I have kept stitching a little bit each day. We had a big snowstorm on the 18th of December with 16 inches of snow overnight... and so when I was stitching on the little Christmas Tree Skirt, I realized that the village was lacking a snowman! So, as you can see in the above picture, I added one right away!

 
 
And then the next time I was stitching,
 I realized that it needed a "snow deer" as well..... 
But I am afraid it turned out more like a "polar bear deer".....
(See in the above picture!)
 but I am sure this was because the snow was not cooperating!
 

And then, because there was a space that seemed "unpopulated"
 between the houses... 
I thought I would add a Santa....
He is pointing at the star in the sky above!

And because he is pointing.... 
it seemed that there should be someone he is pointing for...


So Mrs. Santa had to come out to see what he was pointing to!
And all this while I was adding the "snow shadows" around the edges too.


And on Christmas morning
(in the middle of a torrential rainstorm that washed away All our snow!)
 I started to stitch the blue sky around the star.
I had a very very quiet Christmas with just my son and me.
 I got a lot done on the Christmas card too!


Here the central star is all surrounded with the blue. 
This was tricky to do because the yellow thread
 is so similar to the color of the mesh, 
it is sometimes difficult to tell where the stitch is!
Now there is just a lot of sky to stitch....

 

Which will take a while!

 
So you can see, Dear Readers, 
I have been doing almost nothing but work on the Christmas Card!
 And because I can't show you that,
 all I can show is the little additions to the Christmas Tree Skirt!

I hope you have all had a wonderful, 
Quiet and Safe Christmas!

12 comments:

  1. Me han encantado los nuevos personajes añadidos! Ahora comenzará todo a destacar según vaya cubriendo el azul del cielo todo lo demás!
    Deseando ver las tarjeta!!
    Feliz año nuevo!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made a lot of progress on the Christmas tree skirt and I love all the new characters in it, great ideas! May you have a safe and nice end of the year and may 2021 bring you many good things, especially peace and health, and time for minis!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much snow! When we get one or two inches we get excited.
    The tree skirt with the new characters is getting filled and looks great.
    Happy New year. May the new year bring hope and normality.
    Stay safe!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Betsy, you made great additions to the Christmas tree skirt, I love how it looks like now already. It's a true gem!
    I can't wait to see your drawn Christmas card, but, as in other years, I will patiently until it will be reveiled ;O).
    Have a wonderful, quiet and safe New Year, and above all good health!!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never stop to admire your creativity - your ability to add your special personal touch to this small project is awesome. Adding the reindeers was already a stroke of genius... but now also a snowman and Santa and his wife... WOW! So much fun and detail... totally amazing! And speaking of amazing - it's always fascinating to see the difference a background makes in a stitched piece. The snowman with the blue background is so much brighter than before - I can't wait to see the rest of the design flooded by blue. But even more I am anticipating to see the Christmas card... but I will patiently wait and just wish you: Happy Stitching, Happy Drawing and Happy New Year - my best wishes for a good, healthy and creative 2021!

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! I'm just in awe.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work Betsy. I love all your additions. I hope that 2021 is a good year for you and itbrings lots of mini making opportunites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since this is already the 2nd day of 2021 I want to wish you a very good and safe New Year!

    The Christmas tree skirt is coming along nicely. I love the added elements. They look so natural! As if they are part of the original design. But how do you drape it around the tree when finished? Do you cut it open up to the center for that?

    Huibrecht.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, what a beautiful the Christmas tree skirt! Great work Betsy!
    -Happy New Year!♥
    Hugs, piikko

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Christmas tree skirt will be amazing! I admire how you add figures and stitches freely making the design even better. Stitching can be very addictive. I easily do it too long and get neck ache.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems I never commented.
    I love the skirt - keep stitching!
    xoxox
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a beautiful piece of work.

    ReplyDelete