Thursday, January 28, 2021

Sledding By Starlight.....

 


 And A Dog Named "Soot".....

As I was stitching all the Snow on the Tree Skirt, Dear Readers, I noticed a few places that were just Begging for details. And once the ideas had formed, there was no choice but to stitch them quickly before all the Snow was filled in. And so "Soot" appeared in the yard with Mrs. Claus and Santa! For what dog would want to miss an opportunity to howl at the stars? And if you were Santa and had a big black dog, wouldn't you name him "Soot"? I couldn't resist! And before the Snow had even settled I realized there was a small Hill that would be Perfect for sledding!

Have you ever been Sledding by Starlight?
These Elves were only too happy to take a ride!
(Sorry the picture is blurry... they are very small!)

And here you can see them with the Snow filled in.
 
And as I was nearing the completion of the stitching
 on this project, Dear Readers, 
I became aware that I didn't want to stop yet.... 
and there were some "corners" of the cloth that might be useful...
and might be just the right size for Pillows!


And all I had to do was outline the area to be filled....
and borrow a few ideas from the Tree Skirt!
Of course, they will be a little bit changed...
 the shape is square and quite small...
But I think it will be fun to make a "set" of Pillows
 to go with the Tree Skirt!

So There you have it, Dear Readers.....
Just A few more Tiny Details....
Sledding by Starlight....
And a Dog name "Soot"!


12 comments:

  1. I love the addition of "Soot." Of course he needs to play in the snow - what a lovely tree skirt. Amazing.
    Much love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work and the addition of the little extras make it very special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the tiny little details! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Betsy, I love your ideas, the dog named Soot is a wonderful addition and nice detail to the tree skirt.
    Thinking of how to add a sleigh (with teeny tiny elves!) is another idea of yours, so great!
    Great idea of you to use the lost corners of the silk embroidery fabric for making pillows, I think I would have done this too ;).
    This beautiful embroidered set will be a beautiful decoration for one of your dollhouse rooms, I am sure we will see them again at the end of this year.
    Stay safe, take care.
    Warm hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your embroidery is gorgeous. What a perfect name for a black dog. The use of the corners for making pillows is very clever. It would have been a waste of lovely material and in your hands something beautiful will come out.
    Stay safe.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Que idea tan bonita adoptar a un perro para los Señores Claus y Hollín es un nombre perfecto!!
    La falda del árbol es absolutamente fabulosa,se ve increíble!!!
    Hay que aprovechar toda la tela,claro que sí, tus cojines serán geniales!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome ideas Betsy! Perfect idea to add a dog - every mini home needs a dog! And the cushions too. Great use of extra fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw Betsy the tree skirt is beautiful and your special additions are just the wee dots above the 'i'. Such wonderful details.
    Hugs,
    Anna X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful idea to add a dog. It is okay to use the corners for making pillows, so nothing goes to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are one of those special people who are able to turn something already stunning into something even more awesome! *smile* All the additions to the original design you've already made have turned this piece into a wonderful ooak - and your newest additions are once more the cherry on the cream. I love meeting Soot... and if you don't mind I might remember him one far, far away day when keeping up with my Christmas House. And the tiny elves on the sleigh... such a wonderful detail. But I wonder now... they remind me of En, To and Tre... which would mean one elf is missing still... hmmmm... I would not be surprised if we'd find Elf No. 3 behind the house preparing to throw a big snowball at the other two... We can't see him - but we know he's there... *tweet*

    This is a wonderful project and I really enjoyed every progress you've shown. Regarding this it's great news that you noticed the opportunities free space in corners offers... ;O)

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Betsy, it's really lovely! I've enjoyed reading about the progress over the last few weeks. And I can't wait to see it in place next Christmas! Jonquil

    ReplyDelete