Thursday, February 4, 2021

Snow....

 


Days....

It Snowed the other Night in my RL world, Dear Readers, piling up almost nine inches of fresh snow on top of five inches we had earlier in the week, which reminded me that you have not seen the Snowy Lilac bush in quite a while! And if I was going to take so much time and trouble to make the lilac all covered in snow.... I'd better be sure to trot it out at least once every year! So here you can see it just as the dawn is arriving....(this corner is a bit dark...) and it is still a gloomy day.

The snow has drifted quite deep in the corner by the Glass House
And no one has  been out yet to put tracks in the pristine snow.

Well, I know you probably don't remember
all the steps it took to complete even one lilac bush....
And my reason for having one bush for each season...
was Just so I could come here 
and Play in the snow in the Winter!


So I really hope you don't mind me indulging in a
Snow Day!
(Even though I am supposed to be 
at my desk working at home....
 I can take my lunchtime to play!)

Oh look!
 It seems I'm not the only one who wanted to play!
 
 
Mr. Greene has decided to try some "sledding..."
Mrs. Red is not so sure this is a good idea!
 

 And look who else is here!
It's "Cloude-with-an-e"!
And he is chatting with Ms. Blue....
I don't think they know about the sledding....!
 
Mr Greene is ready.....
 

Wheeeeee......!!!!
 

"Oooops....."
 

At least the snow is soft!
 

But getting the sled back up the hill.....
That might take some doing!
 

Maybe "Cloude-with-an-e" could help carry it!
 
Well, Dear Readers, I hope you
 enjoyed Playing in the Snow with me!
Even if it was just a short break from Work...
These days, even Snow Days aren't the same!
I Hope you all are staying safe... 
and maybe playing just a little with your Minis!
 
(And if you missed my Christmas Card...
 I posted a picture at the bottom of the Jan. 18th blog post.)
 


10 comments:

  1. Que bonito se ve el árbol de lilas en invierno! Me ha encantado jugar un rato con la nieve!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, but I DO remember all of those more than thousends, maybe million, steps you did for making these lilac bushes, Betsy, and you even made one for every season ;)! It's great to see again the lilac bush covered in snow version, Betsy, and it's gorgeous.
    And I don't mind you indulging in a snow day, it's nice to play with your mini's and snowmen, even Mr. Cloud-e was outdoors! I bet you've had fun playing in the snow with your mini characters, even it was just with break for lunch ;)!
    I am so excited, because here, in The Netherlands, we are also in awaiting for lots of snow this weekend. But moreover, it seems ot becoming horrible weather, at least for here in our country. I suppose you in your region are used to this, but unfortunately we don't anymore. Back in 2012 we had our last serious snowfall, now it's expected that we will get more and even ice, according to the weatherforecast. Let's see if they're right, huh ;)?? But, just in case this will happen: I took my Schepje out of his hiding place and prepared him to be ready with his snow shovel ;O).
    Stay safe, take care, dear Betsy.
    Warm hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  3. The winter lilac bush is so lovely and worth the time and effort it took to create it! Snow makes the winter season such a special one and our dollhouses look even more romantic once a blanket of snow is added. Cheers, Alayne

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lilac winter bush is beautiful even when bare. What a lovely winter scene. Why is it that we always long for what we don't have. Snow! I even envy envy the little figures playing in it.
    Stay safe.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only agree - it was really time to show this stunning, awesome, beautiful winter version of your lilac trees in a snowy landscape. And what fun the snow beings have... so good Mr. Green made a soft landing after his wild sleigh ride. And knowing Cloud-e I have no doubt he was helping the little fellow to get started for his next ride (of course with big regret that this darling sleigh is much too tiny for allowing him a ride too *smile*)

    Thanks for making my day with this lovely post reminding me of the lovely sides of snow. Around here we're facing the very hard sides at the moment with very chilly East storms (which are always the very bad ones regarding we have Scandinavia at our North East and Siberia in our very East... *brrrrrrrr*) and loads of snow. I've already had some dates with my snow shovel... but no complaining - in Lower Saxony (our neighbor state being south from us and Hamburg) they're expecting up to 40 cm of new snow this weekend which has combined with the heavy storms potential for what we call a snow catastrophe. Regarding this we're still lucky around here... and my fingers are crossed that this will not change. I don't know if I have mentioned this before... but I really don't like this da*n cold white stuff, especially when it falls down to my very long pavement. ;O)

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...ha sido una nevada importante! y la lila es preciosa también nevada ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Betsy,

    How can you say we probably don't remember the making of óne Lilac bush!?! It was an astonishing and mind bogling project to see you make 4 different versions of the same Lilac bush. Talking about comitment to miniatures. That feat of yours is an example to emulate! Or at least to mirror oneself on. (I believe we can call this high praise hidden in a reproach) ;-)

    That being said, It is lovely to see the winter version again and to see all the freshly fallen snow!

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I'm so late to the game, but that was so fun to read! This pandemic has impacted all of us, immeasurably. My life took a turn. It's so nice for me to check back in with your view, thanks for sharing! Your stories are the best!

    ReplyDelete