Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Another Little Thing...

 


 Not Quite Done...

As you Might know, Dear Readers, I have spent a Lot of time during these Covid years soothing myself by stitching tiny things. I usually take pictures of my progress so I can show the steady development of each project. But I am shocked to discover I can't find any pictures of the making of this little Sampler! Why would I neglect to take pictures? Or remember when it was that I was working on this? I can only plead the usual Covid problems of stress and anxiety and disruption of normal habits. So, I am sorry to say I can't show you the development of this lovely little project. It is another one of Janet Granger's kits, and it was quick to stitch. Perhaps that is why I didn't take pictures! Above you can see the nearly completed piece of stitching. It sat in my sewing box for a long time and since I am trying to finish these little things, I pulled it out, ready to put it in the frame that is part of the kit. But then I realized that I had always felt that the windows of the house were a bit too "empty" feeling as the kit left them bare with no curtains showing. In the above picture you see only one of them still empty... I remembered to take a picture at the last possible minute! Just imagine all the windows empty... and perhaps you can see why I wanted to add that detail.

I did manage to find the kit package
 to show the house with blank windows!
 
And here it is with the final window curtains stitched.
I think it looks so much more... inhabited!
 
And I didn't take the step of putting it in the frame yet
 because I decided I wanted to paint the frame
 and not leave it the stained wood color.
 
And that's all I have to show, Dear Readers, 
Just another Little Thing not Quite done!
 

11 comments:

  1. The sampler looks great. I think the house has improved from the added curtains to the windows. The whole kit is a happy and colourful sampler. I am sure it looks even better when fully finished and framed. I wonder what your plans for the frame will be.

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your curtain modifications are the proverbial "Cherry On Top", Betsy
    and the finished sampler, exemplary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty sampler! I am in awe of your ability to stitch these tiny things - it’s well out of my skillset and can appreciate the concentration and patience required. And yes, the windows needed something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Te ha quedado perfecto , es un modelo muy bonito; te quedará genial en tu nuevo proyecto

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so sweet! Your patience and skill with tiny stitches amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful results, congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are absolutely right Betsy - it is all in the tiny detail. What a sweet little sampler.
    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's no need to apologize for not taking progress pictures when being carried away by something you truly enjoy to make and which might set your mind at ease for a while... It was wonderful to see another stitching project of yours (almost) finished - and I can only agree, the curtains are just the right amount of Betsy-touch this sampler needed to make it extra special. The house looks so much better now!

    Hugs
    Birgit (who can't wait to see the finished sampler with the painted frame)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Betsy, yes I quite agree with the soothing nature of sewing, keeping hands quietly busy and the calming movements. You have certainly be powering along with your projects! And sometimes doing a project is immersive, and we don't think about taking photos, I find digital life can be really quite distracting! But I'm glad that you have shared your finished sampler with us, it is delightful!
    Jonquil

    ReplyDelete