Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Stitching...

 


Progress...

I Imagine you will understand, Dear Readers, when I tell you that while I was working on the Christmas Card drawing (for weeks and weeks!) I had to not allow myself to do any petit-point stitching. This is because once I begin to stitch, I find it very difficult to stop... and I needed to devote all my spare time to the drawing. So the Baktiari carpet languished while I devoted my attentions to drawing. Well, last weekend I finally had a few moments when I could pick up the stitching again! Above you can see where I had left it early in December. The central portion is nearly finished and the border is well under way.

It was not difficult to get back into the pattern.


Sorry for the darkish pictures... 
it is still so dark here in the evenings!
But that is beginning to change noticeably as we move into February.


Once again, I am in the stitching mode... 
and aim to make great progress over the next few weeks!
But that is all I got done, Dear Readers,
just a little more stitching progress!


6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful! What a tremendous talent you have! Happy stitching :) Michelle from TN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Betsy, I understand that te making of the Christmasc ard usurped all the time you could spend on your hobbies. But what a joy to see you working on this Baktiari carpet again. The design is so intricate i would not dare embark on such a challeging project. And it is becoming a real show stopper! Good luck with finishing it the coming weeks.

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Speedy Stitcher is back to her frame! *woohoo* I bet your fingers were itching longing to exchange the pencils for the needle. *LOL* It's great to see you working on this very beautiful design... and it's fun to see it developing from picture to picture. Have fun too... and keep on stitching!

    The good thing is that you have plenty of free stitching time now because the next You-know-what-card is still a few months away *grin* And of course it needs some subjects which deserve to be shown there. And this beautiful carpet truly deserves to be a candidate for this card celebrating this holiday which shall not be named at the beginning of the year (Says the one who had a great day after reading your last comment and is absolutely anticipating the things which are about to come... *tweet* Thanks for making my day... and in advance!)

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  4. This rug is absolutely beautiful Betsy! The pattern and colors are music to my soul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rug design and colors are very beautiful. Everything you do is perfect, if it's painting, building dollhouses, stitching and other special arts. Your Christmas card is an incredible summary of each creative year's work.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete