Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Not Much New....

 


 But A Kit or Two...

Well, Dear Readers, my New Year got off to a slow start this year as the cold I had been "managing" for weeks became worse, and needed some medical treatment. Nothing serious, mind you, not Covid, not "the flu"... just that awful nasty sinus virus that won't let go! I needed to take medicine (I never take medicine!).... have extra rest (but I have too many things to do!)... drink more fluids of the right kind... stay home from work (but I'll never get caught up!)..... you know the drill! And as the cold was "going down hill" right before the New Year, I was still trying to assemble a few of the "12 Days of Christmas" kits I had received... You can see Day 4 in the above picture! An adorable set of paper-doll dress-up kittens! Most of the assembly was in the box construction itself.

Here you can see the Kitten paper-doll and the clothes he can wear.


And here you can see he is wearing his PJ's
 and carrying his candle, ready for bed!

And the kit for the 5th Day of Christmas was a set of Santa Blocks....
 

Wooden blocks that you glue an old fashioned Santa Illustration to each side...

 
The old Illustrations are truly lovely 
and the reproductions of them are very sharp and clear!
 It took a long time to cut out each one and glue them all to the blocks!
 

 I apologize for the blurry photo... 
it was late and the light is not good.


Here they are all nestled in their box!

And the 6th day of Christmas....
found another board game to assemble.....

Or maybe it was the 7th day of Christmas...
again, the images are lovely!


Here they are on their magnetic board...
with the box and the little die for rolling!
Want to play?
Okay, I know... I have things to do too...
like work on the Christmas Card.....

Yes, Dear Readers, I got delayed....
 it got delayed.... Everything got delayed!
All because of a horrible nasty darn cold!

But I am on the mend now.
I'm back at work trying to get caught up....
The kits are in the waiting for "someday" pile...
And the Christmas Card is still in process...
not done but getting closer every day!

So you can see, not much is New but a Kit or Two!
And the New Year, of course!
Happy New Year!



7 comments:

  1. Oh, dear Betsy, I hope you get well quickly.
    The little kits are very cute.
    Happy Health, New Year 2023!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute kits Betsy! And happy to hear you are on the mend. Sometimes medicine is the only way to shake something! Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all: Happy New Year to you and yours! Although I'm sorry to hear the old year did not end too well and the new year didn't start that good... in my part of the world a lot of people had to deal with viruses of all sorts too and it was always very heavy knocking them out. My fingers are crossed that you're really on the mend feeling better and healthy again.

    I loved to see more of these stunning kits, they are so lovely designed and well made. The kitten prepared for bedtime is the right choice, around here we're having a serious storm and going to bed pulling the blanket over the head sounds like quite a good idea. *grin* The blocks are stunning and I admire the idea with the magnets for the board game, it's a great thing to avoid glue and being able to change the game's flow. Who knows, maybe the blue Santa will be the lucky winner tomorrow while the purple Santa will be the game king next weekend?

    Best wishes to you - and have fun with whatever you do... says the one who is really looking forward to see the jubilee card for 2022. ;O)

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Betsy, it is good to read that you are on the mend from that nasty cold and are catching up with things.

    The 12 days of Christmas mini's are beautifully sharp. Pretty little things they are.

    Good luck with the Christmas card!

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me alegro que estés mejor. ¡Ahora a recuperar el tiempo perdido!
    Preciosos los kits

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm late Betsy but I am so glad to hear that you are on the mend! The bugs were so nasty this year!!!
    These are such fun kits! I need something small like this, I think, to help me find my way again. I am so far behind that I have totally lost my way!
    I'm sending good wishes that you find yourself completely caught up soon!

    ReplyDelete