Saturday, December 31, 2022

Folly Snow....

 


Late Christmas...

I know it is Dark, Dear Readers, but here is a glimpse of the snow on the Folly Lilac! We had a very very small amount of snow over here just in time for Christmas Eve in the Real World.... and Lo and Behold, suddenly there was snowfall on the Folly too! It became very cold so nothing melted for days and we had an officially "snowy" Christmas. I know some of you were worried about the storms in the News... but that was all West of where I live. But yes, it snowed for Christmas!

Here it is in the light of Christmas Morning...
Nobody is thinking about shoveling anything!

And an even better Gift, Dear Readers,
was a Day after Christmas visit with my Sister!
She was visiting her grandchildren not too far away
 and I was able to borrow her for a night.
You know we played with the dollhouses....
 
I had been lucky enough to get one of 
Doll maker Sandra Morris's 12 Days of Christmas kits....
 

A box filled with twelve neatly packaged and numbered tiny kits!.... 
well, there Were Twelve.... 
but it is several days into Christmas now
 and I am striving to keep up!
I had help from my Sister!


The colored pencils are just for adding special effects...
She got a kit to make two boxes filled with vintage 
Fairy Tale and Alice in Wonderland cards!


I got a game board with little Jumeau Dolls for player pieces....
Here they are being glued to their magnetic bases.
Everything comes in the kits... 
including a gluing jig (shown above!)

Here they are on the "Eiffel Tower" game board....
 they are French dolls, after all.
And there is even a die for rolling!


The game is being tested by the Ladies in the Castle...

Meanwhile, my sister only got one box of cards made...


That's a lot of cards to cut out.... for each box!


These are the Fairy Tale ones... 
you can play "Snap" with them.
The antique illustrations are gorgeous... 
I wish I had had time to look closer at all of them.
But we had to pack up and take her back to her grandchildren... 
the cards all went with her!

So that was Christmas here, Dear Readers, 
a Little Late with a touch of Folly Snow...
And a Wonderful Sister Visit!
I hope you all have a Wonderful Happy New Year!
 
(Yes, I am still working on the Christmas Card.... 
delayed but not forgotten!)


4 comments:

  1. First of all: Happy New Year - with best wishes for a healthy and creative year. And the good thing for me is that 2023 will have a highlight in its beginning... whenever you will have finished your Christmas card. I can't wait to see the 2022 edition and what will be on it... and how it's composed. But until then I've so enjoyed to see the snowy winter lilac and (I have to confess it) this wonderful sentence: "Nobody is thinking about shoveling anything!" Ah, I wish I could ever say this! *sigh* However... where is Cloude when we need him??? *LOL*

    It was so lovely to hear about your sister's visit and that you've spent precious time together with crafting items which came in this stunning gift. I bet the ladies had lots of fun with this dollie game and I'm not surprised your sister only finished one card game regarding how neatly she cut everything out. But the best thing was making memories together... and I'm wishing you many opportunities to make special memories of all sorts this year.

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  2. ¡Te han acompañado las miniaturas hasta el último minuto del año y con la compañía de una hermana, mucho mejor! ¡Feliz 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas and happy new year Betsy! I am late I know. It’s great to hear you got to spend some time with your sister, having fun with minis. I hope this year is full of great stuff for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you a happy New Year! I hope this will be a great year for you and I wish you a lot of time and inspiration for miniatures.

    The Lilac in winter's snow looks beautiful. Such a quiet and tranquil picture.

    How nice that you had a visit from your sister. A time well spent together on miniatures. :-)

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete