Thursday, December 21, 2023

Oh, Yes.....

 


 The Nativity....

It is That Time of year, Dear Readers, when we are all so busy running around with last minute everything, that we almost forget to set up the Nativity! But Pollyanna remembered at last and has just set out all the Traditional figurines in the usual spot, the sideboard in The Lovely Old Dollhouse living room. She thinks she has got it right this time and is admiring the arrangement.

Arthur has come to see how the arrangement is progressing.
"What do you think?" asks Pollyanna.


"It looks great, Hon" says Arthur, 
"but I don't see the camel!" he added.
(The camel is always a subject of confusion!)
 
 
"I put him over there," said Pollyanna, "behind the Kings."
"Ah!" said Arthur. "Good choice!"
 
"As long as he's with the Kings, I'm happy!" exclaimed Charles.
"The Kings don't actually arrive until later anyway," said Helen...
 "I don't know why they should be included so soon..."
 she added thoughtfully.


"Well, I can't think where else we could put them," said Pollyanna.... 
"and then we might forget to add them later..." she added.


"I think it looks just right" Dear, said Charles.
 "And this way nobody has to remember about later!" he declared.

"Then it's settled!" said Pollyanna.
"Heaven knows, we can't have Christmas
 without the Creche!" she added.

And in case you were wondering, Dear Readers,
 Gabrielle and Will have set up the small Nativity
 over at The Folly too!


They are happily sharing a snack by the Fire
 on this cold First day of Winter!
And because it is impossible to get close enough
 to photograph from inside the room.... 
(my messy workroom!)


We can only get a glimpse of it from outside the window!
But now you will know it is there!
 
And I hope, Dear Readers, that you are all enjoying
 your last minute preparations, whatever they are,
And that you don't forget The Nativity.
Because Heaven knows,
 It would not be Christmas without The Nativity!
 
 

 




8 comments:

  1. ¡Qué bonito nacimiento!
    ¡Feliz Navidad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful nativities! What is Christmas without a nativity, and a tree decoration. We don't see many here. When we lived in South America it was first when I saw and fell in love with the tradition.
    Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year,
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, what would Christmas be without the nativities... and that special one leading us to the annual discussion "What is the right place for the camel?" And I read with amazement that Helen added some more issues to the discussion as she threw the time factor in - huh, this won't make anything easier. I think Pollyanna found the perfect place, the camel looks good there and is easy to spot (that's why I would recommend Arthur to make himself an appointment with an ophthalmologist next year *teehee*)

    And although it's not easy to catch a glimpse of it I like the small nativity in the Folly's window. Will and Gabrielle seem to be lucky that they don't have any problems caused by camels - and therefore more couple time... eh... snack time. And we are lucky to because now we know that this nativity is there as is should be.

    Merry Christmas and hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  4. That´s a wonderful and beautiful Nativity scene!! I am sure that your little people are pleased with it, I would be! Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy, what a lovely Nativity scene! It made me feel so joyful and peaceful to see your miniature version and to read your post. Even though I'm reading this after Christmas, I still feel the Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Betsy, I finally, finally made it to your blog again (so sorry it took me so long) and I love the Nativity! I'm glad Pollyana remembered! I was actually looking at it for my own scene, but had not been able to find one small enough. I will be on the lookout though for the future, b/c it's what I always loved the most about getting our Christmas stuff out when I grew up. So yes, I wholeheartedly agree: Christmas isn't complete without it!

    I also love your story Betsy, I completely forgot you did that but it's such a lovely way to present your scenes/to tell your miniature story and you do it very well! Funny too! And I think Pollyana, Arthur and Charles have handled it very well and came to a great agreement.

    I love the Navitiy scene in the Folly even more, wow! And if getting inside far enough isn't an option, peeking through the windows is always a great alternative. And I think actually adds to it.

    I hope you've had a lovely Christmas Betsy, whatever way you've been able to celebrate it and I do my very best to visit more often again! Much love, Monique

    ReplyDelete