Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Not A Lot...

 


 Little Progress...

I am Sure you will understand, Dear Readers, that after a long week of Vacation during which I could immerse myself in my many mini projects, an ordinary weekend feels like no time at all! Even when it was unexpectedly extended by a snow storm which kept me home from work, I seem to have almost nothing new to show you. And I am sure you know by now that I don't necessarily finish one project before I start another one.... yes, I am still stitching the beautiful carpet, but I also needed to start another of the kits I bought from Janet Granger way back when the covid shut-downs began. It is the Elephant tea cosy you see above. This is being a simple and fun stitching project! Yes, yes, I know I still have to sew together the last tea cosy kit I stitched.... the thatched cottage... (and a few other little stitching projects as well...) but I have it all ready to finish one day soon! And I just love to stitch these kit so much... it is an obsession.

The only other new thing I have to show you is the kit I "gave" myself for a Birthday present...

It is another kit by Sandra Morris of Tower House Dolls...
The last kit I purchased from her,
The "Atelier de la Poupee"
 caused me to launch the Dollmaker's Studio project...!
As of now I don't have any grand plans for this one...
 but I cannot promise that it will end up
 looking exactly like the cover picture!
It is a porcelain doll with a tiny piano.... 
atop a box that conceals a music box that plays piano music!
She is supposed to be a mini "automaton" pretending to play music.
The very idea enchants me... 
so we will see what happens 
when I begin to assemble the parts!
So that's I all I have to show, Dear Readers,
Not a Lot of progress... 
But Tiny fun Projects!

6 comments:

  1. I think what you do is technically called 'following your bliss'. And it's perfectly fine. It's your hobby after all.

    I love the beginning of the elephant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betsy! I totally agree with Sheila - "follow your bliss" because when it comes to having a plethora of mini projects simultaneously on the go, it's what makes YOU happy AND might add- Us also!
    ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betsy! Sometimes you just need to crack open a new kit to inspire you to get the "waiting list" going again, too! This looks like a charming tea cosy and it's going to be fun to see them completed, whenever they come to pass! The new kit sounds fantastic! What a marvelous gift to give to yourself! Happy Belated Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When the urge strikes Betsy, one must follow it. The doll kit looks lovely and a fun idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday wishes, dear Betsy - may you never stop dreaming... or in other words: May you never stop to start new stunning, wonderful, awesome projects! I love the elephant tea cozy and I'm already curious which of your projects will be the lucky one to give it a home some day.

    And the kit is so cute... but needs for sure that certain touch of Betsy-magic. Just building a kit following the instructions would be kind of boring and is not the business of a born dreamer... ;O) Btw I must admit I was wondering if the doll comes finished or if it needs to be built too so I visited this shop and watched the video. As far as I understood the dollie is already constructed (but I'm not sure)... but what counts is that among the songs this thingie plays is Schubert's "Ständchen". This is such a beautiful serenade... you should build this piano soon to listen to it and to find out if the sound is good... *tweet*

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much posts that I have missed! luckily I can read them all now.

    I simply LOVE the elephant tea cosy. How sweet. good luck with that one.

    The doll/automaton with the piano is a wonderful gift to treat yourself to! Beautiful! And the little music box is a bonus. Perhaps this can end up on the dollmakers workbench as one of the fabulous dolls he/she is making or restoring? Just a suggestion.

    And if you do change a few things on this kit, I look forward to see what those are. Without exception these are improvements to the original. Enjoy putting it together.

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete