Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Spring Snow....

 


Comes And Goes....

I suppose, Dear Readers, some of you might have Wondered whether there would be any snow falling on The Folly this year! After all, what was the point of spending all that time making Seasonal Lilac shrubs if one never puts them to use in Seasonal display? This winter has been rather inconsistent in this neck of the woods, with extremely warm weather in December, quite cold in January with almost no snow, some of Everything in February, and now a rapid series of storms that have both very warm rainy parts and very cold very windy snowy parts! Last week we got six inches of a heavy wet snow which was all melted two days later in time for rain and freezing rain.... suffice it to say we are ready for Spring! But all that snow reminded me that the Folly Lilac shrub had been neglected...

And Finally, it has snowed in mini blogland!
At this time of year it is challenging to get a well lit picture of the Folly.
It is still too dark in the morning as I head to work.
I had to wait for the weekend and hope for a sunny morning.
(And then remember to grab the camera at the right moments!)


Early morning.... before there are any footprints in the snow...
Before the shoveling commences...


As the light grows steadily stronger...


We can take a moment to admire that magnificent Lilac bush....


With every branch outlined in a Fresh Spring Snowfall!
Isn't that why I made the Seasonal Lilacs in the first place?


And here's the fresh snowfall on my RL garden....
 that reminded me I had neglected The Folly!
Spring snow, Dear Readers,
Comes and goes quickly!


10 comments:

  1. I love the look of the Lilac shrub in its wintery state. Such a great work has it been to make a version of the same shrub for every one of the four seasons.

    Over here winter has been quite warm for the season and very wet. very very wet indeed.

    Time for the lilac to go into its spring 'dress' soon. But for now lut us enjoy it standing in the early spring snow. a nice detail is the icy glints in the snow here and there. A very realistic detail.

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, still winter! A fairytale landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to come visit and see that this amazing winter lilac shrub is on display! I am so ready for warmer and sunnier weather, but seeing these beautiful, snowy scenes made me stop and appreciate that each season has it's charms. I am really looking forward to coming by when the spring lilacs are beginning to bud, and hope that a tiny bird couple chooses it as the place to welcome their new little ones to the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Betsy, what strange weather! But great to hear it reminded you of the lilac bushes and to display them after all that hard work! I will hope for spring to arrive soon for you too! (Here, I do not want winter….)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic winter scene. Nice to be see the lilac bush again.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love snow. I know that some people who live where it snows a lot, don´t love it much. But coming from the tropic and living in a place where never snows, I wish we could have one or two weeks every year to appreciate snow in its beauty. You have taken beautiful photos, your winter scene looks gorgeous and realistic. Looking forward to see the spring setting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaaaahhhhhhrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! Heavens, Betsy, you know I always love your pictures and there can never be enough for me but the last photo wouldn't have been necessary as it truly shocked me! So much of this da*n cold white stuff - pure horror! But when this white stuff comes along surrounding the Folly and even better covering the winter lilac this is pure eye candy! (Btw I hope Cloude came to help shoveling the path and stairs free *smile*)

    I was already wondering when we would see it this year... although I must confess that I'm of course looking forward the most to see the blooming version. Yesterday I held the vase with the lilac branch in my hands which you so generously gave to me... one future day this will get its deserved place of honor in a little spring project of mine.

    I hope in the meantime (as I'm arriving once more very late) the snow has gone and spring has also arrived in your part of the world. We're enjoying the most wonderful spring sunshine at the moment and even the first daffodils started to bloom. And yesterday I had my first date with my lawn mower... and btw this season only one date with my snow shovel. Like Huibrecht in the Netherlands we too had a much too mild and much too rainy winter. And now we have a much too warm and much too dry spring...

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  9. You who are blocked from the doors of your job, you have a permanent concern for money, you lack financial support to meet your needs and realize your dreams. I received a loan of 55000 euro and two of my colleagues also received loans from this man without any difficulty because I came across the right person. Here is his E-mail: pierrecombaluzier18@gmail.com

    E-mail: pierrecombaluzier18@gmail.com
    E-mail: pierrecombaluzier18@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete