Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Green, Green The leaves.....

 


 But Is It Enough....???

I Hope You will understand, Dear Readers, that as I approach the completion of The Summer Rhododendron Shrub, I have been anxiously counting leaves and trying to figure out if the amount of batches I assumed I would need will end up being enough! Above you can see the Summer Shrub nearly finished... or at least I hoped so. I stopped making batches of leaves after 40 batches of 40 leaves each.... making 1600 leaves!

Here the last group of stems are having their leaves attached...
a Very slow process when the humidity level
 is hovering around 85% every day!


And done!
Look at that empty storage dish!


And this morning I added the last nine leafy stems to the shrub....
a Very slow process of waiting for the glue to dry
 so I could add a couple more....
But is it enough?
Surely I could fit in another batch or three of leafy branches!


We must have a look at it in The Folly Garden...
I see an awful lot of gaps....


And of course, it is so dismal and gloomy out 
(threatening to storm.... again.....) that you can barely see it...
But is it enough?


Don't get me wrong.... I Love the way it looks!
But is it dense enough....?
I think it needs more leaves.....
*sigh*


Is it just a matter of the angle of viewing...?
From above it looks a bit fuller....


But from bench level.... it's a bit "airy".


And maybe it will look a lot better in sunshine....


Perhaps if I give it time it will "grow" on me...!


Maybe one or two more batches of leaves.....
We are close, Dear Readers....
Ah, yes, I will be making more batches of leaves
 no matter what....
There is a whole 'nother shrub waiting in the wings!
So Green leaves, here we come!


7 comments:

  1. I think I'd melt with 85% humidity! Whew, just reading about it made me feel weak! Your leaves are so pretty - what a charming addition to your dollhouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle! It is pretty awful... the humidity... that is (:)!).... and it just keeps on day after day....! But minis still need attention...! I am still making more leaves.... :)

      Delete
  2. I think it looks great. It also looks like my rhododendrons - they're not full, thick and lush but a little on the sparse side. Nothing's ever perfect in real life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shannon! Thank you for your comment about your rhodie's appearance... it reminds me what a wet couple of summers we have been having here! Maybe my expectations are a bit unrealistic! Lol! My shrub currently is lush, thick and very very green! I am truly encouraged by your observations! :):)

      Delete
  3. You're unbelievable!!! Do you ever sleep?! I can hardly believe my eyes to see the summer rhodie in all its glory in front of the Folly. This is such a beautiful sight... I've enjoyed it to the fullest. And yes, it's a bit airy here and there but as Shannon already said... that's nature. However, you can always add a few batches still... but for now you should just admire this masterpiece of miniature art.

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete