Monday, September 6, 2021

The Boring Part....

 


 But it's Progress...!

It was a busy Weekend, Dear Readers, with too many tasks and not much mini time, so I don't have much to show that you haven't seen before. Yes, it is the boring stuff, carving the channels for the wires across the back of the Lord's Tower and starting to glue them in place. You will remember that I was about to work on painting the back of this Tower weeks and weeks ago when I realized that all the wires still needed to be buried in the walls, while they had already been finished on the back of The Great Hall portion of the Castle. And that led me to work first on painting the back of the Great Hall and then on The Chapel Tower (fewer wires to bury!) and now, finally I am facing the Lord's Tower wiring. Maybe because I had practiced on The Chapel Tower, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be carving all those channels on The Lord's Tower! Jodi of "My Miniature Madness" blog had suggested I try a chisel to carve these channels, but years ago I actually broke a very good wood carving gouge on this plywood. So I am just sticking with the exacto knives which have a replaceable blade. It is slow going, but they are sharp! Because the "plug box" will go on the side of the Tower where it is accessible (also still needs to be built) all the wires from the back needed to go through the corner onto the side of the Tower. I drilled all those wire holes through the corner. You can see in the above picture that in order to work on the back, I had to turn the Tower around. The entrance door on the side wall is now facing out. You hardly ever get to see a view of this side of the Tower! (I also still need to attach the stairs that go up to the Main door...)

I know that it is difficult to see, 
but in this picture most of the wires have been 
brought through the holes on the corner of the Tower.
From here they will run down to the plug box 
in yet to be carved channels.


And here you can (almost) see the
 wires are being glued into the channel...
(It was a very gloomy rainy day...
 and I am sure you don't really want to watch the glue drying....)
This is the back of The Lord's Chamber where
 the wires from the fireplace mantle come through.


And since the goal is to get the paint on the back side of the Castle... 
I painted the primer as soon as I was done carving all those channels.
I even carved the one for the room at the top which I have not built yet.
This will carry at least the fireplace wires when that gets built.
There will need to be more channels carved on the side wall
 to get all the wires to the plug box.... 
but we will work on that later... much later!


And then the first coat of the gray paint... 
I know, it is such a dark day, this looks way too dark!
And some of the wires are not ready to be glued in yet...
 I have to make sure their lights
 are just the way I want them first.
 But at least now the channels are ready!


And that's all I have to show, Dear Readers,
You've seen it all before...
The boring part of the back side of The Tower.
But it is Progress!

10 comments:

  1. Boring? Oh no! Not to me! I think it is VERY exciting to be able to make such impactful progress to this amazing project! Just knowing the back of the castle is finished and ready for the rest makes room for the freedom to work on any part of anything that inspires you! And when you truly enjoy the work, it really isn't work at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very excited for you! Getting electrical set up so it will work is wonderful.

    This is going to be beautiful with all the light shining through the windows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! It might be boring for you but I am sure the results will make it worth it. You are very hard working, the castle looks impressive already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m definitely going to have to start following some of these blogs; I appreciate several from the Information which has been composed.
    concrete contractors new orleans
    Thanks for sharing. , I will visit once more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey,
    I’m impressed by your blog. Absolutely amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to join the choir shouting "No, this is in now way boring!"... Although I can understand very well that this is not a task on your "I-really-would-love-to-do-this-in-miniature"-favourite list it's for sure a necessary job that needed to be done. Let's not forget all this work is needed to make all the lights, torches and fireplaces shine and create atmosphere. So this could never ever be boring - but I'm really happy for you that you made so much progress with the wiring channels.

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tómalo con calma que luego merece la pena.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It may not look amazing, but it is so good to get those annoying, BORING tasks done! So it’s definitely great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The progress isn't boring! It's a step on the progress of the project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely not a boring post! This is an incredible project and while you may consider it boring, there's always some little nugget of inspiration that can be found in any of your posts. I'm impressed by how neat the back looks - mine aren't!

    ReplyDelete