Wednesday, September 29, 2021

The Guild Show 2021...

 

 


 I Found Some Lovely Little Things...

The International Guild of Miniature Artisans once again held their Show last weekend and I was able to attend for the first time in several years. Last year, due to Covid, it was cancelled, but this year it was back at its usual venue not too far from where I live. Everybody was asked to wear masks and to keep a distance from others when possible. I hope you can imagine, Dear Readers, that I was excited to be able to attend! Above you can see a beautiful ceramic pitcher from "Creations by Lynette", a new exhibitor at the Show. Her ceramics are all hand thrown on a wheel and individually glazed. And some of her pieces are impossibly Tiny! She had a whole range of scales, even some for 144th scale!

I had to get more than one...


And a little vase....


Or two!


Most of the International Artisans were not able to attend
 due to travel restrictions, 
but I did find a beautiful box made by
Geoffry Wonnacutt, a British artisan of great skill.
Several years ago I was able to attend a class taught by him
 at that years Guild Show, 
making a George III Serving Tray with
 marquetry inlay and a standing rim.


I seem to be starting a collection!


And I must confess, Dear Readers, I succumbed to temptation...
And splurged on a Footed Silver Salver by Pete Aquisto....


And a Stunning Chocolate Pot to go with it...!
(Well, it has been a long time since I went to a Fair...)


I bought a few small kits as well...
A cushion in 48 count petit-point!
 

And a carpet kit by Phyllis Stafford, also in 48 count!
(I will have to work at this as the chart is in "symbols" not colors .)


And some furniture kits as well.

As always, there were many many items I had to pass by.... 
and ones I will dream of someday affording.
But I am so glad I was able to attend
 the Guild Show this year, Dear Readers,
and to bring home some
truly Lovely Little Things!

10 comments:

  1. hi Betsy, so glad you were able to attend the Show. You found some wonderful treasures. Thank you for sharing them with us. Your acquisitions will give you such pleasure.
    Cheers. Janine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you, Betsy to be able to go and bring home all those beautiful treasures! The pottery is amazing (I went straight to Lynette's website...), the box is of course exquisite and oh - that silver!
    I have no doubt that you will spend hours enjoying making both the embroidery and furniture kits.
    I long for the day, things start to open up here two...
    Anna X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betsy, it seems that it was a great show, you are a lucky girl. I love all your purchases, they are lithe beautiful treasures, my favourites are the ceramic pieces, they´re wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how we appreciate things with new vigor after so long a time without them! I'm so excited to hear that the show was back on for you, and what amazing pieces you chose! Just beautiful, and I can't wait to see them all displayed in your upcoming holiday scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Que maravilla poder volver a asistir a una feria presencial Betsy!!!
    Y veo que aprovechaste muy bien el tiempo trayendo contigo piezas tan bonitas! Y esos kits de alfombra y cojín te tendrán muy entretenida!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so I came to take a look.
    I’m definitely enjoying the information checkout online horoscope

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Betsy,

    It must have been great to attend a show after all this time. And what a beautiful treasures you have brought home with you. Each piece is well worth it.

    I wonder in which houses each of these lovely pieces will end up. Enjoy them!

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those lovely silver things will look beautiful in your castle, if they're the right scale and time-period.
    xoxox
    Mom

    ReplyDelete